Any current Orthopaedic Residents and Fellows are invited to submit clinical and research based abstracts
for poster presentation at the 2022 ASAP Meeting.
ASAP Resident and Fellow Research Fellowship Abstract Submission Guidelines
Resident and fellow participation in ASAP (Advanced Shoulder Arthroplasty) is critical to the long-term success of advancing the goals of the ASAP meeting. To further our mission, ASAP is sponsoring a research fellowship competition for the 2022 ASAP meeting. All current orthopaedic residents and fellows are eligible for submission. Only one submission will be allowed per resident or fellow as the lead author and only the lead author will be eligible for the fellowship. The topic of the research should be primary or revision anatomic or reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. Both clinical and basic science abstracts will be considered.
Six abstracts will be selected to be presented as posters during the meeting. The top three of the six abstracts will be awarded a research fellowship to the meeting that will cover all meeting registration costs as well as lodging costs (standard room). The six chosen abstracts will be recognized during the meeting and will be displayed as a poster in the conference lobby area. It is expected that the lead authors from the selected six abstracts will be present at the meeting.
- There is no maximum word count, however submission is limited to a single page of text.
- Font: Standard Times New Roman, type size 10pt (minimum).
- Abstract should be single spaced.
- Should include: Title, Authors, Institution, Introduction, Material & Methods, Results, Discussion and Disclosures.
- May provide up to three references. These must be included within the single page submission.
- May provide up to two figures. These may be submitted as one additional page if necessary.
- At the bottom of each abstract, a disclosure section must be included that lists the financial relationships of each author. Disclosures should include:
- Financial relationships in any amount,
- Including financial relationships of their spouse or partner,
- Within the 12 months prior to the educational activity,
- With an ACCME-defined commercial interest (A commercial interest is any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on patients), and
- That relate to the content of the educational activity.
- Abstracts are to be uploaded on the ASAP Meeting website page using the Resident and Fellow Research Fellowship Abstract Submission link. All abstracts should be in a Word or PDF Document.
- Deadline for submission is November 15, 2021.
If you would like to submit an abstract, please fill out the below form and upload your submission documents.
Deadline for submission is November 15, 2021. Fellowship winners will be notified via email on December 1, 2021.